For a very long time, i had been dependent on others (though all close friends and family) for my own very happiness! Even if it had to do by making them happy! I had started feeling handicapped without a few people around and i would never be happy... This feeling was okay for a while but as time passed by, it started taking a toll on me and at times took the better off me...
A very dear friend, since a few months has begun to behave very odd. Strange would be undermining the attitude being shown. And this hurt me a lot... There were days when i was upset solely coz of this reason... Sometimes even got into a shell where i was so alone that even the thought of someone else disgusted me. For the hypersensitive me (only in case of friends n family) it is tough to cope up situations when a dear friends has a cold shoulder to show!!!
But then, one day i decided to think about this whole situation, because this wasn't the first time, when something like this had a very strong impact on me. As long as the impact is there, it is okay, but the moment it starts interfering in my personal space and professional aptitude, it becomes a mess and i want to avoid it as much as i can... And so i did...!
Thinking went on for days together and all of it in vain... completely useless and disappointing...! But one day while i was riding back home from office, i suddenly get these thoughts and it changed me completely...!!!!
Writing down these thoughts here, it might help you, who go through similar situations like me...if you are sensitive or hypersensitive (like me) --
1. Happiness cannot be found outside of you, coz it is right there, inside of you!
2. Loving them (friends n family in my case) doesn't mean, my happiness would always be dependent on them!
3. If doing something for someone i love, makes me happy, that shouldn't mean, that if they aren't around, i wouldn't be happy at all! Doing something and being happy should be an add-on!
4. No one really is worth so much that you forget to smile and let them affect your relations with other people and things in your life!
5. Never give away so much to a relation, that in its absence you feel incomplete...
6. Those who take you for granted, wont wait or think again to take you on a joy ride too. Think -- articulate and behave accordingly.
7. Sometimes letting go is a sensible option only coz holding on would give nothing but hurt and ache.
8. Putting a coma in a relation is way better than putting a full stop. No bitterness lasts forever, so ever if you get a chance, you can continue where you left rather than regretting that you dint do, what you could have done.
9. Freeze a relation when you think its getting too sour and might end up being bitter. Coz if it gets bitter, eventually it shall rot and a rotten relation can never stop haunting you. If you freeze it today, there are chances of it being melted by the warmth, if ever!
AND AT LAST BUT OFCOZ NOT THE LEAST....IS THAT, UNLESS YOU ARE HAPPY AND CONTENT WITH YOUR OWN SELF, THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN MAKE PEOPLE AROUND YOU SMILE AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES...THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON OF ALL TIMES WHICH I LEARNT A VERY VERY VERY HARD WAY AND AFTER A VERY VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME...THOSE WHO CLAIM THAT THEY ARE SAD AND LIVE ONLY FOR OTHERS AND TO MAKE THEM SMILE, ARE LIVING A LIE!
SO, BE HAPPY TO MAKE OTHERS HAPPY...HAPPINESS IS THE MOST CONTAGIOUS THING EVER...IT SPREADS LIKE FIRE AND HAS A VERY STRONG AND DEEP ROOTED EFFECT ON EVER SOUL SINGLE SOUL THAT YOU ENCOUNTER IN YOUR LIFE...
I AM HAPPY NOW... ARE YOU?